Sometimes I am so tired at the end of the day that I just casually swipe my face with a makeup wipe and call it a night. But if you have oily skin like I do, you will know that if you want to have a clear complexion, using only a makeup remover wipe isn’t going to cut it.
If you’re a college student (like me), a busy mom, or just a hard working lady like I’m sure you are, you are probably incredibly busy and don’t have time for a 12-step skin care routine. You just want to go to bed. And believe me – sometimes I sacrifice having healthy skin for sleep.
Another thing that kept me from having clear skin was my fear of buying new skin products. Yes, I said fear. 1) I am always skeptical of something new before I try it and 2) I have very sensitive skin and I am always afraid that I will break out in hives or my skin will start peeling off if I use something that irritates it too much. I try to opt for natural products that won’t break my skin out even more.
My skin care routine is pretty simple, and ever since I started using my Clarisonic my skin has never looked better! Here are a few of the products that I currently use in my skin care routine.
Walmart brand makeup remover wipes
YES to Tomatoes Clear Skin Detoxifying Charcoal Cleanser
Alba Botanica Acne Dote Face&Body Scrub
Clarisonic Mia 2 Device and Deep Pore Cleansing Products (Deep Pore Daily Cleanser and Detoxifying Clay Mask)
Honestly, my favorite thing about my Clarisonic is that it only take ONE MINUTE to use! It’s a timed device so it vibrates and beeps each time you need to move the brush to a new part of your face. It’s simple to use and it honestly makes my skin feel so clean and refreshed too. Another great thing about this system is that the cleanser and face mask that come with it are great for sensitive skin. I have had no issues whatsoever from either product!
The Clarisonic is a great investment if you want to have clear, glowing skin without using 20 different products each day. It also makes a great gift (Christmas is less than 2 months away, people) and if you use the coupon code HERCAMPUS before November 20, you will receive a 15% off discount! You can’t beat that!
My skincare routine is a little different than some people’s routines because I use several different products, but I don’t use them all on the same day. Here is what I do.
- I use the YES to Tomatoes facial cleanser at night when I shower. This is a gentle cleanser that helps remove any makeup that didn’t get cleaned off with the makeup remover wipes.
- In the mornings and evenings I use my Clarisonic and use the cleanser that comes with it.
- I use the clay face mask once a week (usually on Saturday nights).
- I use the Alba Botanica facial scrub on Saturday nights when I shower instead of the YES cleanser. I don’t want to use a facial scrub too often because it might irritate my skin.
- Clean your make up brushes often. Dirt and facial oils can get trapped in the bristles so make sure you are remembering to clean them often.
- Know which foods cause you to break out and try to avoid or limit these foods.
- Make your skincare routine a habit!
This post is sponsored by Clarisonic and Her Campus Media. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Girl Who Does Everything possible!